* 94% of Canada's lands cannot be farmed
* Only 0.5% of Canada's lands are class 1 ( no significant limitations for farming)
* Less than .004% of Canada's lands are suitable for growing tender fruit.
* 85% of urban growth has taken place on classes 1-3 lands and fruit lands.
* Class 1 land is twice as productive as Class 4 , and fruit lands are more productive yet.
* Canadian land continues to be lost at an alarming rate to erosion, salinization and urbanization.
* Since 1966, over 6 million hectares of land in Canada and over 1.5 million hectares of land in Ontario have been lost from agriculture.
* One farmer feeds up to 90 persons.
* 2/3 of the value of Canadian food imports consists of food already grown here commercially.
* Canadians spend only 15% of their net income directly on food, compared to Europe at 31% and India at 60%.